Friday, January 2, 2009

Doctor Confirmed - 10/16/08

Well, I am definitely pregnant! I went to the doctor's after taking a midterm exam at UNCG today. Basically all they did was a urine test to confirm the pregnancy - the nurse commented on how fast the two lines showed up. She also gave me some sample prenatal vitamins to take and a brief question-and-answer sheet about medicines I can take and other FAQs.

We also set up the first ultrasound appointment: Nov. 13 at 2:30. J is going to come with me. It will be exciting to see our baby on the screen! But I guess I will just have to wait patiently for the next month.

Also, as far as my nausea goes: on Tuesday morning, I felt the same way I had felt when J and I went deep-sea fishing on our honeymoon. You guys know that story - it was horrible. So I researched some treatments for nausea, and I read that ginger can eliminate the sickness. So for the past 2 mornings, I have eaten this ginger candy thing (it's just ginger and molasses) right when I wake up, and I have felt pretty normal. Yay!

I have a couple other symptoms, but I doubt you really want to hear about them! :) Overall, I'm doing just fine, and so is J.

No comments:

Post a Comment