Friday, January 9, 2009

Another Appointment Down

I had another doctor's appointment today (a "measure and listen"). It was very quick - weighing, blood pressure, and - the best part - heard the heartbeat again! She had no trouble finding it this time; maybe because he's a little bigger now. Oh, and I also had to have 4 more vials of blood drawn. I had 5 drawn last time, and one test came back abnormal, so now they are testing for lupus and two other things. But the doctor said it's just precautionary and it's most likely that nothing is wrong.

I still haven't gained any weight! Well, actually, I technically gained 1 and 1/2 pounds, but that can probably be attributed to the cherry cobbler milkshake I had right before the appointment (thank goodness Kville has a Cookout now!) The doctor said not to worry about the lack of weight gain; she said I would probably only gain 15-20 pounds the entire pregnancy because I'm small to begin with. She also said, "Many women are very jealous of people like you." Haha!

Also, I have been feeling baby move for a couple weeks now! Sometimes it's very obvious that it's him, and other times I'm not so sure. But I swear I felt him kick today - not just flutters. I know it's really early for that, but I don't think it could have been anything else. It's really cool! I'm excited for it to get stronger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment