Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a big, busy day for us!  Paw Paw, Kacki, and Nannie came over around 11 and we all visited for a bit (in between preparing our big lunch):

lr26

lr32

Sooo much good food for lunch.  Kacki brought the ham, pineapple cheddar casserole, broccoli casserole, and lemon pie, and I made strawberry salad, corn pie (my Mama Addie’s recipe), rolls, and fudge.  Yum!

lr35

lr38

After the kids’ naps, we went to the 4 pm Christmas Eve service at church.  We came home and took a few photos of the kids in their nice Christmas outfits.  I could not get a pic of them together for the life of me – Meredith would start crawling away immediately when I put her next to Russell!

lr42lr44

lr53

Then the kids opened TONS (and I mean tons) of presents from Paw Paw and Kacki and Nannie.

Russell with his first present of the year – a dump truck from Nannie!  He loves it!

lr56

Meredith was much more impressed with the wrapping than her baby doll – typical – but she did decide later that she enjoyed chewing on the baby’s feet.

lr62

More presents.

lr72

lr74

We so appreciate all the presents, and the kids just loved them.  And more than that, we loved spending all day with family, eating an awesome meal and enjoying each other’s company.  Most of all, we know – and Russell is understanding too – that Jesus is Who we celebrate at Christmas.  We pray to have a faith like Mary’s in Luke 1:38 when she said, “I am the Lord’s servant.  May it be unto me as you have said.”

No comments:

Post a Comment