Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jon’s Wedding Weekend

Jon and Meghan were married this weekend!

We drove to Paw Paw and Kacki’s house on Friday morning since they live about 20 minutes from all the festivities.  On Friday afternoon we went to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Russell was ringbearer and Meredith was flower girl! They did as well as I would have expected at the rehearsal Winking smile and thankfully we had a sitter for the rehearsal dinner so we could enjoy ourselves!

lr78lr80

During the actual rehearsal part, I let Meredith play with my phone to keep her somewhat still.  I hope the music wasn’t too annoying but at least she was occupied!  Russell of course was fine playing cars quietly with Aunt Sejal.

lr82

Poor Meghan had a sinus infection all weekend  - but of course she was beautiful anyway!

lr83

The rehearsal dinner was so wonderful.  There were maybe 20 people there, and we had a private room in a sophisticated little restaurant.  The food was good, the slideshow was sweet, and the company was great.  We got to sit with Jef and Sejal and had a nice long conversation with them.

With both of my brothers for the first time since May (our Disney trip)!

2012-12-29_1356741409

On Saturday, we mostly hung out around the house until time to go to the wedding.  I got a picture of the kids in their dress clothes in front of the Christmas tree before we left – love it!

lr84

The wedding started at 6.  Because of the layout of the historic house/event center they were married in, everyone walked in and down the aisle from outside the front door.  Meredith was none too happy with this arrangement until I pointed out “princess Meghan”.  Then, she was okay, except not happy with the fact that she didn’t get to walk in with princess Meghan!  I managed to convince her by telling her that she could have a lollipop if she walked in with me.  Best. Idea. Ever.  Russell only agreed to hold on to his ringbearer pillow because we tied a white Hot Wheels car onto it!  Ha!  Aunt Sejal’s best idea ever (even though she thought she was joking at the time!)

The lollipops kept the kids mostly quiet – occasionally Meredith would point out people she knew (“Princess Meghan!  Mimi!  Pops!”) and at the end, when everything was still quiet, Russell said loudly, “Now can we talk?” But this was really the most I expected from them!

I did manage to get one photo during the ceremony – from my 2nd row vantage point.

lr85

The kids had had great naps, but still Meredith fell apart after the ceremony – probably the combination of too many strange people, strange place, loud music (to her), etc.  She was only halfway content in my arms (which were SO sore the next day) or playing on my phone for a little while.  Paw Paw and Kacki to the rescue!  They were so kind to take the kids home early so Jason and I could stay.

(Lots of these photos were stolen from Facebook.)

Meredith and Princess Meghan – despite the face, she was happy about this photo!:

207678_10101004352336779_797858337_n

You’re next! (Wedding in August!)

lr86

Loved my mom’s dress!  I want to look like you when I grow up Smile

23379_10101004357187059_290771479_n

Got to sneak a little time with the bride and my cousins!

407793_4266365253374_91635137_n

lr88

lr87

Gorgeous couple (of course I’m biased!)

lr89

564740_10101004366004389_712170999_n

Jon and Meghan, you did a great job – it was a beautiful wedding – but we hope it doesn’t hold a candle to the beauty of your marriage!  Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment