Friday, May 25, 2012

Last Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Russell’s last day of preschool for the school year.  He will be attending their summer class 1 day/week as well, but yesterday was their big end-of-year program. 

Class picture of the “Hootin’ Tootin’ Twos” (Russell looks mad but he just gets that look sometimes – I doubt he was really upset.  He is on the front row, 2nd from left.)

IMG_0145[1]
At the program yesterday, they sang “Itsy Bitsy Spider,” “This is the Day that the Lord Has Made,” and some other song I’d never heard of.  I don’t think Russell had heard it much either – he just stood there for that one.  But he really sang and did the motions for the others.

Updated: I got some great pictures from a friend who sat in the front row!  Russell is in the blue and white striped polo.


Itsy Bitsy Spider :)





They also sent this home with him.  I can’t believe how much bigger he is than he was in September!  And he looked like a baby in the first picture!  He is growing up so fast!

IMG_0143[1]
He never tells me that he wants to go to preschool – in fact, usually he tells me “no preschool or church today.  Just play at home” – but he always has fun when he’s there, and comes back telling me about all the fun he had.  He never cries when I drop him off but always runs to the door excitedly when Meredith and I pick him up.

I have signed him up again for 1 day/week in the fall, and next year, his friend Eliza will be joining his class!  I know he’ll like that.  We still haven’t decided if we will homeschool or send him to school, which is why I’m sending him 1 day/week (instead of none or two, which I would do if we had fully decided!)  We still have some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment