Sunday, May 20, 2012

Disney World: Magic Kingdom Day 1

We decided to do 2 days at Magic Kingdom and skip Hollywood Studios.  There is just so much to do at Magic Kingdom, and not as much at Hollywood Studios for little ones.  I’m really glad we did this because Magic Kingdom ended up being my favorite park.  I think it was the kids’ favorite too.  (Jason’s was Epcot.)

We had a character breakfast reservation at 8:10 am at the Crystal Palace, which is where you meet the Winnie-the-Pooh characters.  It was definitely tough to get there so early – in fact, we were about 15 minutes late, I think.  I’m really glad we did this breakfast!  The food was good (which it better be for $60) and each of the characters stopped by our table.  Our kids LOVE characters – Meredith nearly cried when each one left and wanted to follow them around the restaurant!

While we waited for our table, I had someone take our picture outside with Cinderella’s Castle in the background.

lrdsc20

It was a little bit hard to do a buffet with the kids.  Jason was the “food runner” while I cut up food, filled cups, made sure no one was turning plates over or spilling syrup, etc.  Someone asked later what we ate and I said, “I don’t know.” We were too busy with the kids – normal day Smile I definitely did get coffee, though!

DSC_0022

Eeyore visited us first, then Piglet, then Tigger.  Russell missed Pooh because he and Jason were in the bathroom – sad!

IMG_0102

lrdsc24

lrdsc28

After breakfast, we looked at our handy smart phone app that told us the wait times for all the rides.  The wait for the tea cups was only 5 minutes, so we rode them twice.  (Well, I only rode them once.  Apparently 30 for me means my balance/tolerance for spinning is not what it used to be!)

lrdsc35

Then Meredith and I waited while Russell and Jason rode the Tommorowland Speedway.  And then we met up with Pops and Mimi, and Pops and Russell rode it.  Of course Russell loved that!  (In the pic, Jason and Russell are in the orange car on the left.)

IMG_0106

lrdsc105

Next, we went to see Mickey’s PhilharMagic (3D movie).  It was great – much better than the scary bugs movie at Animal Kingdom!  I was very impressed with Meredith – she was entertained the whole time during both 3D movies – I was expecting her to get bored and want to walk around, but she stayed very still.

Waiting in line (Jason stayed out – 3D movies make him sick):

lrdsc107

Jason took Meredith back to the villa after this – it was about 12:30 and she was done.  The rest of us stayed to ride It’s a Small World and Dumbo, and Russell and Mimi and I rode Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel a couple times.  For the record, the wait for Dumbo was the longest wait we had during the entire trip at around 25-30 minutes.  Most of the time, we only waited between 5-15 minutes for each ride.

lrdsc110

lrdsc109

lrdsc39

We got back to the villa around 3.  After dinner, Mimi graciously watched the kids while the rest of us went back to Magic Kingdom to ride the “adult” rides – Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Snow White’s Scary Adventures – and watch the fireworks.  Fun, busy, tiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment