Monday, April 18, 2011

Brother, meet Sister

lr061

When we brought Meredith home, we told Russell to come meet baby sister. I honestly had no idea what to expect, but I thought his reaction would be either indifferent or jealous or something like that.

Thankfully, I was wrong!

He was pretty curious about her in her carseat, and then he signed "please" (which is also his sign for nice, so I wasn't really sure what he wanted or was saying.) Somehow I caught it in this picture :)

lr060

Jason went to get Meredith out of the carseat, and Russell signed "thank you" - so sweet! I don't know if he said it because he wanted to play with her, or he thought she wanted to get out - but either way, it was a good thing!

We asked him if he wanted to sit next to her on the couch, which he did:

lr065

He proceeded to point out her nose, head, feet, etc. He was (and still is) pretty interested in her at times.

Of course, everything's not all perfect - he is definitely acting out/being more fussy and needy and tantrum-y than usual. I'm hoping this will be good for him in the end (learning to wait, being more independent, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment