Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Peace

As I contemplate lots of potential changes in the life of our family - my upcoming job interview, our desire to move - this speaks to my heart:

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afriad."

It's so tempting for me to be afraid of the future - where we will live, whether I should work, will there be enough money/time/fill-in-the-blank. I am a planner, and like to know my next 17 steps before taking the first one.


Jesus reminds me that all the peace I need is in Him. Therefore, I don't need to know the future - it will come too quickly anyway. As the saying goes, "worry is like a rocking chair - give you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere." I could worry - or I could do "the better thing," as Mary did (Luke 10:39), and sit at the feet of my Savior.

1 comment: