Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pool Days

We joined a private pool for the summer. The kids and I are SO excited about this! I knew they would still want to play outside this summer, despite the fact that I feel like an oven, so I thought a pool could make us all happy. And so far, it has! If only I can figure out how to tell them we have to leave without inciting a riot!

The pool we chose is inexpensive (well, for a private pool); quiet – there are never more than 4-5 families there; 10-15 minutes driving time from our house; and small, which is a plus for us because the kids can’t get too far away (swimming or walking). Also, several of our friends go there also – the kids love running into their friends there!

lr1

Neither Russell nor Meredith actually swim by themselves, but they are learning how to kick and move with the puddle jumpers on – those things are awesome!

lr173

lr171

lr174

Of course we bring our picnic lunches! It’s a good way to give them a break when their teeth start chattering Smile

lr179

lr180

One of my friends was there with her family, and she took this picture for us:

lr

Now, I’m not sure how this will all work when the baby is born, but like everything else, we’ll figure it out Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment