Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!

I’ve never been a big Halloween fan.  I am a big scaredy-cat, so that may have something to do with it.  But I love an excuse to make my cute little ones even cuter, and nothing does that like a costume.  And candy?  Yes please!  Holidays are so much fun with little children!

We started off our Halloween with Mimi’s homemade pumpkin bread for breakfast.  Then, while Meredith took her morning nap, Russell and I decorated a pumpkin.  I asked him whether he wanted to use paint or dot markers – dot markers it was!

001

lr2

We went about our day with nothing else Halloweeny until dinner: mummy hot dogs!

lr3

We dressed up our little Calvin and Hobbes and headed out the door for our very first Trick-or-Treating experience!

lr26

Before we left, I explained to Russell what we were going to do.  He was very excited.  And not just about the candy – he was excited about knocking on people’s doors, saying “trick-or-treat,” and the candy part.  I think he was happy to do something out of the ordinary.

Our first stop was Grandmother’s house – where Calvin played with trucks and Hobbes needed baby food.

lr4

We quickly rushed to our friends David and Lisa’s house. The plan was to get some candy there and then come back and trick-or-treat in our neighborhood (we live 5-10 minutes from them).  But once we saw the great fire they had going in their fire pit, we decided to just trick-or-treat around their neighborhood and come back and hang out by the fire.  (I know Lisa has a few pictures of that so maybe she will send me some that I can post!)  (edit: here's a pic from Lisa!)
103011 006

Russell loved “chasing the fire” (really running through the smoke) and blowing on the fire.  I’m not sure if he was blowing on it to stoke it or to try to cool it off.

We all had a great time!  We stayed until Russell’s bedtime – past Meredith’s bedtime – but they were both being good! 

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment