Saturday, October 8, 2011

Farm Fun

We had so much fun last fall at a farm about 20 minutes away from us, and we knew even then that we would do it again this year.  Well, it was very different having a baby with us, but Russell had a blast!  And Meredith was pretty content, even though she was very overdue for a nap.

A friend organized the outing so that a bunch of families from church could go on the same day.  It was fun to see all of our friends!

When we first got there (after a potty break for Russell) we headed straight to the area they staged for photos.  I knew we wouldn’t get them otherwise!  From a mom standpoint (though not from a technical/photographic standpoint), I love them!

lr8

lr12

We then made our way over to this tractor where Russell found his friend Elaina.  I just love this photo – looks like they’re having a sweet conversation!

lr15

Then we headed for the swings and the teetor totter.  I wish I had a photo of Meredith and me on the teetor totter – she just loved it!  She was laughing and smiling like crazy.  And so was Russell.

lr17

Teetering with Eliza and her dad!

lr19

Russell and Jason rode the cow tractor ride again this year.  I don’t know what happened, but it took them forever to get going.  The driver kept getting off the tractor and checking this and that.  I was thinking when they finally did get going, they might not make it back!

lr25

Meredith was ready to get down and play.  I ended up picking her up again because she just wanted to eat the grass.  By the handful.

lr28

We finished up with the hayride:

lr29

I think we’ll go again next year! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment