Thursday, September 15, 2011

What a big boy!

Warning: this is a potty post!  If you’re not okay with that, stop reading here!  I’ll even give you some blank space below so you don’t have to see pictures Smile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our BIG BOY pee-peed in the potty today!  (Yes, I did blur part of this photo!  He’s getting up to look at the camera, saying “see picture Russell.”)

lr11

We have not started any sort of potty training with Russell.  The only things we have done are: read a potty book (but it’s been weeks), and watched friends pee-pee in the potty (I know at some point soon this will be very unacceptable, but right now it’s very useful!) 

Today, I was getting Meredith up from her nap, and Russell told me he wanted his shirt off.  Okay, done.  I went back to tending  to Meredith.  Next thing I knew, I saw Russell walking in the bathroom, pulling his shorts down, telling me he wanted to go potty.  So I got him undressed and gave him a book, telling him to read it until he went.  Soon after, he got up and said “Russell pee-pee in potty.”  I was in the middle of saying “no, you didn’t, but good try” (because I just expected him not to!) when I looked and saw that he actually had!  I was so excited!

Russell got lots of praise and the chance to wear “big boy undies” (Pull-Ups – I was not going to test my luck with underwear!)  That was the only reward he needed, once he saw that Mater and Lightning McQueen were on the Pull-Ups!

lr12

We called Daddy and Mimi, who were both happy to lavish praise on him!  Way to go, Russell!

I guess now it’s time for Mommy to get serious about potty training!

No comments:

Post a Comment