Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Grandmother

My beloved grandmother passed away on Monday night.

I gathered my kids to tell them on Tuesday morning. I was crying.

Immediately, Meredith's eyes lit up. "Mom! Now she can be with her husband!"
Russell piped up, "I bet she'll get to meet King David!"

They knew just what to say to make me smile.

This is what I wrote on Facebook. (I can't say any more or I'll never stop crying.):

For three and a half years, we had the privilege of living down the street from my grandmother. We saw her almost every week. She took me to get pedicures when I was 8 months pregnant. She chased my toddlers around her living room (yes, chased, at 91-92 years old). She took us to Chick-Fil-A when Jason worked late. And so much more.
Her motto was, "Everyone needs a friend, so be one" (written in her college yearbook." Everyone who met her loved her. People would see my maiden name and ask if I was related to her. I was always proud to say yes.
Words can't describe how I'll miss her. This picture is how I'll remember her. Love you, Grandmother.


No comments:

Post a Comment