Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Just Keep Swimming…

Russell took 6 weeks of swim lessons at our gym, and had his last one yesterday.  It was the perfect set-up, since I could just drop Meredith off in the gym childcare and didn’t have to pay extra for a babysitter for her. 

IMG_0091

Each lesson was 20 minutes long.  They were semi-private (it was Russell and one little girl) with one teacher.  Parents didn’t get in the pool – it was nice for me to just sit back and watch!

IMG_0074

Russell was so happy in the beginning for each lesson, but didn’t really want to go to the last two.  The only reason I can think of for that was that she made him go underwater, which he didn’t like.  He hates getting water in his eyes, and wouldn’t keep the goggles on.  But generally, he loves the pool.

IMG_0075

I had high hopes for him learning how to swim this year – at least doggie paddle – but that didn’t happen.  I don’t know if he is too young, or if she wasn’t the right teacher for him, or what.  The lessons were still a good experience for him!  And he will get (hopefully) plenty of time to work on his skills at the pool this summer.

1 comment:

  1. maybe too young? But it's still a great experience for him! I'm just now putting Tyler in swim lessons, though I've wanted to ever since he was 4.

    ReplyDelete