Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First Movie

I am determined to have lots of fun with the kids this summer!  Every summer for the past 3 years, I have been pregnant or had a newborn, so I feel like I’m now breaking free a little!  Things are getting (a very little bit) easier as the kids are getting (a very little bit) bigger.

In the vein of “summer fun,” I made our family a little summer bucket list.  Yes, that’s right, I made a to-do list for our fun.  Smile One of the items on that list was to go see some of the summer family movies with Russell.  At a couple theaters in the area, they show year-old, family-friendly movies for very cheap at 10 am on some weekdays.  So yesterday, I got a sitter for Meredith and Russell and I headed off to see The Smurfs!

IMG_0153

We went to the theater by the mall, where the tickets are $3 each and include popcorn and a drink.  Russell loved the popcorn! 

IMG_0154

He said he liked the movie, but it was definitely over his head, and was not animated like I thought it would be.  So when he started getting restless and a little too loud after about an hour, we left and went to the mall play area.  Even though he kept saying “I don’t want to go” as we left the theater, I know this was a good decision.  He ran around like crazy in the play place because he had so much energy to burn off!

IMG_0155

So our first movie experience was not exactly what I thought, but he lasted longer than he really should have considering the bad movie choice I made!  Next time, I’ll pick an animated movie for sure.  But it was still nice to have a date with my little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment