Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old House, New House

We are settling in to our new house! After a whirlwind move last Friday with a few awesome helpers (Jason of course, my dad, Jason's cousin, and a friend), we headed to the State football game the very next day. And then Russell and I got sick. Hence, I've been the MIA blogger.

Anyway, since we've been here about a week, I now have a good idea of things I like better here versus things I liked better at our condo (shockingly, there are a couple). Here's a list.

Condo:
  • more closet space - the house we're in now was built in the 40s and there is seriously no closet space.
  • more bathrooms - believe it or not, 1 and a half bathrooms sounds like a lot now ;)
The house is still way ahead.

House:
  • huge floored attic that is not shared with a neighbor (yes, our attic in our condo was shared with our neighbor - crazy and stupid)
  • 3 bedrooms!
  • awesome area: near the best shopping in town, great schools, close to our church and Jason's office
  • 2-car garage
Oh, and I have a few pictures (not very good quality, I was in a hurry) of some of my favorite things:

This kitchen isn't updated, but it is about 3 times the size of our old kitchen (obviously this is only part of it), which makes me love it.


DSC_0107

Older houses have such sweet charm. We have an actual, dedicated dining room with adorable built-ins (these decorations aren't staying):


lr0106

I love love love having a fireplace and a real mantle! Can't wait to hang our Christmas stockings there in a couple months.


lr0109

We've still got so much to do: window treatments, still boxes to unpack, blah blah. But we are loving our new place!

1 comment: