Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jamaica, mon

Our 5-year anniversary was Friday, October 15.

~5 years ago, we were in a beautiful old church, nervous as could be (just because of all the people!), whispering our vows.
~4 years ago, we were in Charleston for a weekend celebration.
~3 years ago, we were touring a nearby winery.
~2 years ago, we went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant.
~1 year ago (with a 4-month-old at home), we went to Macaroni Grill and a movie.

And just when I thought our anniversaries were getting less and less extravagant...

on Friday, we woke up here:


007

That was the view from our balcony.

Jamaica was wonderful. Relaxing, sunny, great food and great company ;)

We filled most of our days with beach-laying and eating, and most of our nights with nice on-resort restaurants and listening to live Jamaican bands.

In between, when we got too hot, we played several games of Ping Pong and Othello:


lr038

Oh my gosh, there was so much food. I didn't feel one bit guilty about eating it, either. According to the doctor's scale, on Oct. 13, I had lost 4 pounds since I got pregnant. I'm sure I've gained it back and then some.

lr012

My favorite was the French restaurant. The atmosphere was quiet and sophisticated, and the food was the best. One thing struck me as so funny: they had a pianist, and every song she played was one that I've played numerous times, using the exact same arrangement. Made me want to get up there and take over for her :)

Here it is, the French meal. I wish I remembered the full description of it. Quail on top of split peas and some other stuff.


031

I decided to take my first Baby #2 pregnancy picture right after the French meal. Maybe not my best decision ever, but we started taking belly pics with Russell at 6 weeks, so I felt remiss. So here I am at 14 weeks and 2 days pregnant (and SO much bigger than I was with Russell!):


lr034bw

Somehow, this is the only picture Jason and I got together - and it was on our actual anniversary, before dinner at the Grand Gala:

lr004

I will say, as nice as it was for this stay-at-home-mom not to be rushed when I eat, and to shower whenever I wanted, and to READ AN ENTIRE BOOK, I really, really missed my little guy. And so did Jason. He was definitely in good hands with both sets of grandparents, though, and I know they all had a great time.

And it's a good thing we went, since I have a feeling we won't be doing another one like that for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment