Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Itch for Redecorating

Recently I got the itch to redecorate. We are home a lot because of homeschooling (obviously), and with Jason working from home too, it makes it very important to me that 1) our spaces are kept clean (clutter especially drives me crazy) and 2) our spaces are asthetically pleasing (at least, to me)! I haven't done a lot, but this is what's been done so far:

1) We (okay, I) added a sitting space to our master bedroom. 

Before: I have no before pictures - just imagine an old leather ottoman there and no window treatments.

After: It's so calm and soothing and I love sitting there with a hot cup of coffee and reading my Bible :)



2) Before: (just look past the homeschool table into the living room!) I know you can't see all the furniture (like the end tables next to the couches), but you can get the idea - it's a lot of cherry, dark, brown, wood, early-2000s-style furniture.


During/After: I'm calling this "during/after" because there are a few more things I'm planning to switch up but haven't yet! But this is an improvement, at least!

I painted the tray white (below) and finally, all of our kids are old enough that I can have a coffee table centerpiece :) (Meredith added my J coffee mug on there before she took this picture - it doesn't stay there.)



End tables and bottom part of coffee table have been painted a light gray and distressed  - makes me happy!


End table with a tidbit of Valentine's decor :)


More to come! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment