Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Combination of 3 Loves

If you know me, you know that these are 3 things I love:

a) Christmas
b) photography
c) a really good deal

For the first couple years we were married, Jason thought Christmas cards were stupid. "Too expensive, who cares about cards, my parents never did them (I don't know if that last one is true, but that's what he told me)." Somehow, I finally got him to see the light, and now he looks forward to getting them in the mail just like I do :)

I've used many kinds of cards over the years: store-bought, photo cards, etc. But my favorite are photo cards, and specifically, the ones from Shutterfly (http://www.shutterfly.com).

Personally, I have lots of favorites this year from Shutterfly already; here's one:


The site is very user-friendly, and the photo cards are pretty foolproof. This card is very easy to design - just drag and drop your photo and add your text, and you're done! And I love that this card is in a special Christmas cards section (http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards) separate from holiday cards (http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards), because I always have to search through other sites to find the cards that say "Merry Christmas." (I always prefer to give out Merry Christmas cards, since we are celebrating Jesus’ birth.) This card has the "classic" look I go for - very timeless and pretty. The red and white say “Christmas” to me without being tacky or too trendy. I also love the spot for a big photo to show off your family (because I suppose that's what we're all really doing ;)). And another thing: it’s 25% off if you order today or tomorrow – sometimes it’s good to be an early bird.

So what does this have to do with c) a really good deal?

Well, if you have a blog, you can get 50 free photo cards from Shutterfly for writing a review like this one! Just go here for details.

2 comments:

  1. I just signed up!! That would be great to get my cards for almost nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...he totally sounds like my guy....very well.....i love those three things too:) thanks

    ReplyDelete