Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome to Atlanta

This is just the first of several posts about our trip! In this one, I'll explain some of the important things, then the pictures will come later :)

Russell and I just got home from a week-long trip to Atlanta! He got to meet so many relatives: great-aunts and uncles, cousins, and his only living great-grandfather. We had such a nice trip.

Some highlights:
~I was very nervous about traveling 5 hours (driving time) with a 7-week-old, but he was wonderful! Slept a lot, and hardly cried at all. I fed him bottles in the car so we didn't have to stop. He was great on the way to Atlanta and the drive home!

~Not only was I worried about Russell, I was worried about the rest of us traveling - we had to fit my parents, my brother, Russell, and me in a 4-door sedan for a 5-hour trip, plus all of our stuff, including a stroller! I didn't think we could do it, but somehow we did - and it wasn't even uncomfortable!

~Grampy (my mom's dad) just adored Russell, but who didn't? I think he was hardly put down the whole time!

~We started several nice food-related traditions while there:
*Appetizer Fridays: each person/couple makes a nice hors d'oeuvre for the family to share. We had quite a spread!
*Pancake Saturdays: this has officially spread across state lines now, as Jason and I do this every week anyway. In Atlanta, Jason made blueberry pancakes and banana-nut-coconut-chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!
*Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Sundays: Russell's Uncle Jef made AMAZING sausage gravy for everyone!

It's always a let-down to come home from such a fun trip, because there's unpacking to do, laundry to wash, groceries to buy (since there are none in the house), etc. We'll be down for another week or so at Christmas, and I'm already looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment