Thursday, August 13, 2009

Goals

This is actually not a post about Russell - sorry if that's disappointing! :)

I think it's always important to have goals in your life - to always set your standards high and aim to make yourself a little better. To that end, I have two goals right now that I'm hoping to reach:

1) I want to lose all of the baby weight! Yes, it's only been 7 weeks, but I am tired of wearing maternity clothes, as hardly any of my "normal" clothes fit. Thus, Russell and I have been walking for an hour every day for the last four weeks. Also, on Monday, I started Weight Watchers.

Normally I wouldn't go on a diet plan like WW, but I just don't know how much a nursing mother should eat, and I'm not good at looking up calorie counts for everything. WW has been great with that, because now I know my points goal for the day, and the books I'm using (thanks to Leigh Anne) are an easy way to figure out the number of points for almost any food. So far I can definitely tell that I was eating too much before, as I've had to cut way back on my portions!

2) I'm doing a read-the-Bible-in-a-year plan! I'm really excited about this, as it's something I've always wanted to do. I'm ashamed to say that there are some books in the Bible that I've never read through, so this is a way to make sure I read them all.

Hopefully posting these on my blog will keep me accountable for completing my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment