Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Great Ultrasound!

We had our scheduled ultrasound this morning to check Russell's growth since I have been measuring small. First though, I had a normal "weigh and measure" appointment, which made me glad that we were having the ultrasound, since I am now measuring 3 cm too small. Everything else from that appointment looked great though.

Next, it was time for our ultrasound - yay! The tech started it off by measuring baby's head, tummy, and thigh. She also checked all of his anatomy again and then measured my amniotic fluid levels. Great news: everything looks perfect! She said he is the perfect size and weight for this stage of pregnancy, and the amniotic fluid levels are normal. It just goes to show that the fundal height measurements don't always mean much. More than that, it shows that God is so good - it is truly miraculous to see him moving around in there.

Here are some other tidbits:
  • Russell is officially head-down!, and will not change - he doesn't have enough space now to flip around.
  • It was neat how this time, every time I saw him move on the screen, I could feel it too! I could finally see what little parts he was moving.
  • The tech told us he weighs 3 pounds, 9 ounces
I am relieved and happy that we got to see his sweet little face. Now we can relax and just wait to meet him :)

2 comments: