Friday, March 4, 2011

Vegetable Success!

Russell doesn't eat many vegetables. I offer and offer, and they end up pushed off his tray or spit out, or both.

But he gobbled up these green beans!

lr003

So I thought I'd post my secret, in case anyone else's child needs incentive to eat veggies, or in case you just want an easy side dish!

Sweet and Sour Green Beans
1 or 2 cans green beans
1 small onion
3 slices bacon
1/4 c vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar (you can definitely cut this down; I used 3 1/2 and it was still more than enough)

1) Saute bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside, reserving drippings.
2) Cook onion in bacon grease.
3) Add vinegar and sugar; cook until sugar is dissolved.
4) Add bacon and green beans; cook until warm/hot.

That's it! Easy and yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Thats a great recipe as most kids will eat something sweet!!!! i'll try it.

    ReplyDelete