Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Mother/Daughter Keepers Camp Out

So, camping has never been my "thing," but my "things" have changed quite a bit since having children! I think these little people are really broadening my horizons :) My kids love to camp and have each (except for Daphne) been a couple of times with Jason. But this time, Meredith's Keepers of the Faith group at church scheduled a mother/daughter camp out, so it was my turn to go.

I had never set up a tent.
I had never cooked over a fire.
I definitely read an article about what type of makeup one can/should wear while camping.

Now, Meredith and I are pros ;) Or at least, we can say we've done those things once!

Yay, we put up the tent!


Learning to build a fire:


We had burritos and baby carrots for dinner:


Keepers moms down by the lake near sunset:


The night was very cold - the temp got down to 40 degrees, and Meredith and I did not pack enough blankets, so we had to snuggle up during the night to stay warm!

The girls toasted waffles over the fire in the morning for breakfast, and we had those with hard boiled eggs and apples:


 Beautiful morning sunrise!



Meredith and I after Saturday morning devotions:



We had a great time. I could definitely see myself doing that again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment